YOUNG AMBASSADOR COMPETITION
EF2019 Young Ambassador Competition winners are:
- award: Alexia Marza D124 Romania
- award: Siena Castellon MD105 British Isles
- award: Jesse Mulder MD110 Netherlands
People who are in need are the focus of Alexia from Romania.
It starts with children suffering from cancer and doesn’t end with adults living in an asylum. She has experienced children and adult people on the edge of what we call “life” and it almost broke her heart.
Her first step was to collect money to provide life-supporting apparatuses to a pediatric hospital – in which she already succeeded by winning the European Bert Mason Award at Tallinn.
For terminally ill children she intends to fulfill one of their most desired wishes – a project she calls “My Last Wish”.
For suffering children and adults she’ll try give them a little bit of normality and easiness by providing live concerts, dancing and painting classes or theater sideshows.
And her own way already seems to be decided: she wants to become an oncologist.
2019 Bert Masson Young Ambassador Award
Each member of the Europa Forum is invited to present their finalist for the 12th edition of the European Young Ambassador Award. Only finalists of the national competition can participate. Further information can be obtained with the local Young Ambassador responsible or the European Young Ambassador Committee.
The aim of the Young Ambassador award is twofold:
• Recognize, encourage and support young people who are actively involved in the welfare of the community
• Raise the profile of Lions and increase our own service activities
In order to recognize these young people, a competition between European finalists will take place at the annual Europa Forum. Awards will be made to the winning finalists.
The below text is an extract from the rules. If in doubt, only the official version of the regulation will be valid.
1. To be eligible, finalists must be no younger than 15 and no older than 19 on 30th June in the year Europa Forum is held.
2. Each member of the Europa Forum may nominate one and only one participant for the competition.
3. Finalists must be registered with the Chairman of the European Committee by the end of July in the year of the competition, using the application form provided.
4. The finalists’ costs for attending the competition will be the responsibility of the entering members.
Each finalist will be interviewed by three judges. The judges are “non-Lions”, male and female, from the service sector, education and Industry. They will mark the finalists on the community service activity, personality and leadership qualities, use of the prize money and the ability to speak about their service activity.
The following prizes can be won:
The prizes will be awarded as follows and are required to be spent on their project:
1st prize : 3.500 EUR
2nd prize : 1.500 EUR
3rd prize : 500 EUR
You can find the detailed information in the files Rules of Procedure of the Lions European Young Ambassador Award and the Application Form YAA 2019.