The Youth Camp and Exchange Program (YCE) was created in 1961 and brings the ideal of global citizenship to life. Each year this program gives thousands of young people all over the world the opportunity to experience life in other cultures and gain new understanding of the world through travel abroad. Unlike some youth exchange programs, YCE does not involve academic study or employment. Instead, participants are encouraged to use this travel opportunity to represent their home countries and share their own culture while learning about and embracing a new one, forging the way to becoming young ambassadors for peace and international understanding.
YCE is composed of various Lions Youth Exchanges and/or Lions Youth Camps arranged by Lions clubs around the world. A Lions Youth Exchange lasts between three and six weeks. It can be only host family stay in countries without camps. Lions Youth Camps are one to two weeks long and usually include a host family stay before and/or after the camp.
Activities for both exchanges and camps can include visits to places of cultural or natural interest, sporting events, country presentations by participants, guided discussion and even engagement in local service projects alongside Lions club members.
Lions involved in YCE are committed to:
- Bringing people from different countries into meaningful contact with each other
- Exchanging ideas and cultural viewpoints
- Promoting international understanding and goodwill
- Working towards the goals of world peace and human understanding
- Encouraging respect in young people for the thinking of others
The Youth Camp and Exchange Program (YCE) may be the opportunity for youth, who:
- Are ready to embark on a life changing adventure that will open your mind and heart
- Are curious about other cultures and ways of life
- Want to develop your skills in a second language
- Like to cultivate new friendships with individuals that have different backgrounds, beliefs and customs than them
YCE participant will:
- Live with a family in another country
- Meet people your age from around the world
- Learn about your Lions hosts’ humanitarian work
- Deepen your understanding of yourself and the world around you
- Learn about the bonds we all share – and the differences we respect in each other no matter where we live
YCE Chairpersons are Lions club members that have been appointed to run the various regional YCE programs throughout the world and are dedicated to making the program a success. The contact information for these individuals, camp and exchange opportunities is listed in the YCE Directory.
In Europa Forum meets YCE Chairpersons from European countries and always we have guests from all over the World! In few last Forum participated in our meetings YCE Chairpersons from Australia, Brasilia, India, Japan, Mexico and USA.
YE program in Europa Forum includes in addition to Forum general program:
- Get Together training and dinner for YCE delegates
- Meeting with presentations and discuss about camps and exchange success, problems and rules
- Bazaar, where different countries share and make agreements about camp places